Returns & Exchanges:
- Products must have been purchased via our Artefact Newcastle store or online at www.artefact-artefact.com
- Refunds are not available unless the product us deemed faulty.
- If you wish to return your item but do not require an exchange you will be issued with a store credit.
- Unfortunately no exchanges or refunds are available on the following products (unless faulty);
- Purchased during a sale period
- That are discontinued products
- That have been worn
- Bought as a custom or one off piece
- Earrings or piercing jewellery
- Returns for exchange or store credit must be made within 30 days of in-store purchase or 30 days from delivery on online orders.
- We do not accept order cancellations & any change of mind requests prior to dispatch are only available for store credit.
- Earrings & other piercing pieces are unable to be exchanged for hygiene reasons, so please select your jewellery carefully.
- Exchange for change of mind via post requires items to be mailed via tracked postage, with a prepaid postbag for the exchanged item to be posted back. If your exchange is a result of a faulty item a return label will be provided.
- Artefact is not responsible for any damages or loss of product on returns. Returns remain the responsibility of the customer until received into the Artefact studio.
- The above process is also required if you have changed your mind about ring sizing. Return for resizing incurs a fee of $30 for silver & $60 for gold.
- If an item is faulty we would love to repair or replace it for you, if this can’t be done we will refund or issue a store credit of the purchase price upon our discretion.
Basic Chain Warranty:
- Your Basic Chain comes with a 6-month warranty period from the date of purchase. If you have any issues within 6 months we will repair your chain at no cost, or if irreparable we will issue a replacement.
- If you experience issues within 6-12 months from the date of purchase we will repair it for you at no cost. Please note any issues outside of the 6-month warranty period are classified as wear and tear & we do not offer replacements once your warranty period ends. This includes the clasp on your Basic Chain.
- Any issues outside of 12 months, we will still repair your chain for you at a cost of $20. Clasps can be replaced at a fee of $40 for gold and $20 for silver.
Welded Chain T&C's
- Your Welded Chain comes with a 30-day warranty from the date of appointment. If you have issues or wish to make adjustments within this timeframe please contact us at email@example.com
- In the instance of breakage outside of this timeframe, any damage caused by wear & tear or if you remove your bracelet for any reason or wish to have it adjusted, a $30 aftercare fee is incurred & a reattachment appointment must be made via the website.
- You may add additional adornments to your Welded Chain. A $30 reattachment fee is incurred plus the cost of the adornment. Please book a reattachment appointment via the website for this service.
- Your Welded appointment is 20 minutes. If you wish to add on any extra adornments please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Welded chains are only available for 16+.
- Please be mindful that our Welded Chains are delicate & need to be treated appropriately.
- PLEASE NOTE - If you do not show up for an appointment and do not contact us prior to reschedule within 24 hours, your booking deposit is non-refundable or transferrable.
Postage & Dispatch:
- All orders are sent via trackable Auspost Express & DHL Express services. You will receive tracking information to your nominated email once dispatch has been completed.
- Please note: we do not offer same-day dispatch.
- Each product has individual dispatch times. Please refer to product descriptions.
- If you order a made-to-order item with other products, your order will be held until all items are ready to ship.
- Local orders will arrive in the timeframe as per Australia Post’s standard delivery times, according to the method you have selected at the checkout.
- International orders will be dispatched via either International Express via Aust Post or via DHL Express (this is the quickest & safest option). International shipping option will be available via the website & vary in price.
- Australia Post orders can be tracked here: https://auspost.com.au/mypost/track/#/search
- DHL Express orders cab be tracked here: https://www.dhl.com/au-en/home/tracking.html
- In the event that you have not received your order in the timeframe please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Custom Fees & Clearance:
All of our sales may incur Duty, Taxes & other charges depending on the Import regulations of your country.
As the recipient, you are liable for all import duties, customs & local sales taxes levied by the country we are shipping to. Payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival. We are unable to advise the amount this may be as order values vary & destination country rules and regulations vary.
In order to ensure the earliest possible delivery of your order, please pay these charges in a timely manner if requested by the postage handler.
Sometimes manufacturing faults do occur, if this happens please email email@example.com & a repair or replacement will be arranged for you as quickly as possible.
- Manufacturing faults don’t include: snapped chains; chipped, cracked or broken pearls or gemstones, wear & tear such as bending, twisting or snapping as well as chain colour not matching adornment.
- Any repairs done within 12 months of purchase are covered by Artefact. This includes clasps being repaired or replaced. Anything required outside of this timeframe will be at a cost to the customer.
- Your engraving must be added to the text box provided - otherwise, your item will not be engraved. We cannot accept engraving via DM or email.
- Please check the individual adornment description for the maximum length of engraving per side.
Each item is unique & will have its own character. So although they are the same item style they may show tiny differences. This is due to the handmade process in our studio. Returns or refunds will not be accepted due to this reason. Exchanges for this reason will have the shipping costs covered by the customer.
Our terms & conditions are in accordance with consumer law & aim to help this small business run smoothly whilst helping our beautiful customers find the perfect piece they will love for years to come.